I am generally available to support practices on Thursdays and Fridays during school term times.
I love meeting and mixing with new teams, and as a dedicated and experienced senior GP enjoy the clinical contact this gives me. I am always happy to chat over the landscape of primary care and my perspective as Clinical Director of Primary Care Transformation at Surrey Heartlands ICS. I also offer non-clinical consultancy and facilitation, on separate terms – please ask me for more details.
My availability is on my Calendly page which is currently booking one month ahead. If you are looking to book further ahead than the availability shown, please drop me an email
Terms and Conditions
I feel a little sensitive setting out clear Terms for my Locum work as it feels a bit formal. However trust is essential between Locum and practice to ensure a good working relationship, and communication and clarity is the way to achieve that. If the support you are looking for is outside of my standard Terms, feel free to have a chat with me about it in advance of any booking. I am aware practices can get “stuck” and need enhanced support beyond that usually expected of a Locum, and as a GP of 27 years standing I’m always happy to try and help.
- I offer booked surgeries (either phone, face-to-face or a mixture), comprising a maximum 15 patients in a session
- Bookings on a Thursday are only for whole day, that is two clinical sessions. I am flexible about start times although 8.30am is likely to work depending on geography. I prefer to have a relatively short lunch break
- Bookings on a Friday are for either a single morning clinical session, or a session and a half – that is 22 patients throughout the day – with the last appointment being booked at 3pm.
- I would prefer appointments to be booked at 12-15 minute intervals. If the practice appointment book is set up for 10 minute appointments, I would prefer a maximum of 5 patients booked each hour, with one blank appointment
- I will complete all appropriate self-generated administration for my consultations during the booked session, with the exception of non-NHS work which is not within my scope of work. I don’t generally do wider admin or private work, but if you have specific needs in this area please just ask.
- “Duty” Surgeries: Whilst I have enjoyed this role over the years, to do it safely and effectively means having strong familiarity with the practice team and processes, which would be difficult as a Locum, so I prefer to offer pre-booked surgeries as above. I know that small practices can struggle with cover, so If you are a very small practice in need of total practice cover, do feel free to contact me and we can discuss if I can help.
- Home visits and Care Home visits: If you anticipate needing cover for home or care home visits please contact me beforehand so we can chat over the logistics and issues around this.
- As an ICS Clinical Safety Officer I am pretty hot on Information Governance! I therefore ask that the practice ensures appropriate access to its IT system using authentication in my name including Windows log in and log in to the EMIS system using my smart card credentials. Under no circumstances will I use EMIS via a generic “Locum” log in. If I am unable to consult due to the unavailability of log in permissions I will be unable to consult, and regrettably patients will need to be cancelled with the practice remaining responsible for my fees. In the event of an IT failure affecting the whole practice I will of course, in keeping with the practice Business Continuity (BC) plan, do my best to keep things moving and will consult using the practice BC manual system if clinically safe to do so.
- I ask that the practice provides information to me on arrival of its emergency, contingency and support services. Specifically I need to know: How to I summon help in an emergency? What is the practice protocol for referrals? How do I obtain a chaperone? Is there a coffee meeting/informal catch up?
- I am not in the NHS Pension scheme, so there is no additional pension contribution from the practice to my fees, which are in keeping with my experience and seniority
- Whole day (2 session): £660
- Single session (Friday morning): £340
- Session and a half (Friday): £480
- I ask that invoices are paid within 14 days of receipt
- My written CV is available on request, much of the same information can be found on this website
- Written references are available on request
- I am insured with the Medical Protection Society
- My GMC registration number is 3277050
- My revalidation date is November 2026
- My latest 360 degree appraisal from colleagues was in 2022, extracts of comments reproduced below
- I am on the performers list of Surrey Heartlands ICS
Colleague feedback – 360 appraisal 2022
“Excellent physician. Leadership qualities will be sadly missed. Impressive ability to assimilate large volumes of information and synthesize clear plans in both clinical and non-clinical roles. “
“An excellent GP and colleague “
“He is one of the best GPs in teaching and he always tries to make sure you understand what you are doing, the reasoning behind it, and that you feel safe when seeing patients”
“Excellent clinical notes. Has a very measured analytical approach to problems “